The Meal Planner is divided up into colour coded meat categories (beef, lamb, veal, chicken, pork/bacon, vegetarian, seafood/tuna) and meal categories (stir-fry, casserole, pasta, bakes, curry, salad, pies, risotto, meat&veg, kid friendly). The idea behind the planner meals is they are all meals you probably already prepare for your family, find a range of recipes easily for or in some cases can buy the meal already prepared for you to take out of the freezer and put in the oven!
So I will start with something easy (even I can do it!)....from a great site Go for 2 & 5
BEEF, BROCCOLI & SNOW PEA STIR-FRY
15 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking
5 serves of vegies in this recipe
- 250g cooked Hokkien egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 400g rump steak, sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- ½ tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- Prepare noodles following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan, stir-fry beef in two batches, set aside and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, cooking until onion is translucent.
- Add broccoli, snow peas and water, cooking until vegetables soften. Return beef to pan.
- In a small bowl combine water, cornflour and sauces.
- Stir through beef and vegetables and allow to bubble and thicken.